Go to cookies
Go to My Privacy choices
VestPark AS (VestPark) is a supplier of parking services. We offer you an efficient manner to pay for your parking using our app and online system, our Services.
This Privacy Notice applies to these Services and relating platforms including www.vestpark.no .
This PrivacyNotice is in the English language only, which language shall be controlling in all respects, and all versions of this Privacy Notice in any other language shall be for accommodation only and shall not be binding upon the parties.
VestPark collects and processes your personal data as a user of our Services and/or visitor of our website and when you use our parking facilities. We are obligated to respect your private life and follow all Data Protection laws.
In this privacy notice you can read more about what personal data VestPark processes (e.g. collect, use, share and otherwise process) and how we use your personal data when you use ourServices.
The protection, confidentiality and integrity of your personal data are our prime concerns.
Data responsibility – processing your personal data
VestPark is data controller for the part of the processing of your personal data in relation to the use of our app and online system. This means, that once you choose to use VestPark to facilitate your parking, you also accept to provide your personal data to VestPark.
VestPark stores your personal data securely and processes all personal data related to you in accordance with this privacy notice and applicable laws and regulations.
Purposes of the processing of personal data
We only use your personal data for the purposes for which it was collected and, where relevant, to meet local legal obligations. VestPark processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- to administer your account using our Services
- entering into a contract with VestPark
- making a purchase using our Services
- run our parking business efficiently
- ensure the security of our premises
- to give you the best possible experience with regard to our products and Services
- maintenance, development and compilation of statistics for the use of our Services
- improvement of our website and Services based on information about how you use our website and the information you provide via our website
- offer customer support amongst other to manage a complaint regarding a control fee
- conduct statistical analysis, product improvement, business development and increase user friendliness (VestPark primarily uses anonymous information for these purposes).
Hvilke personopplysninger behandler vi?
We need certain personal data to be able to offer you the best parking experience and to keep you informed of our products and services.
The personal data we obtain has primarily been provided by you as a user of our Services. When you create a VestPark account, start a parking session or otherwise use our Services, we process the following details:
- first and last name
- date of birth
- telephone number
- email address
- company name (relating to sole proprietors)
- business registration number (relating to sole proprietors)
- car registration number(s)
- vehicles details e.g. brand/type and colour
- details of the parking location, price and duration when using our Services
- photographs of your car
- entry and exit time of your vehicle
- credit card details and the preferred method of payment
- transaction information including amount, payment date, and payment status
- invoice details including information of whether paid or unpaid
- details of the device e.g. the ID generated by the phone, the type of device and version
- server log files which may include the device IP address, login dates and times, app functions and browser type; and
- information regarding objections, complaints or other inquiries to customer service.
Additionally, we receive some of your personal data indirectly through your devices, by recoding how you interact with our Services (e.g. through cookies).This allows us to personalise and improve our products.
To enhance user-friendliness and usage, VestPark also collects statistical information, such as information about traffic by days or hours, occupancy of the parking spaces, and so forth. The data is not analysed on an individual basis but is collected and processed anonymously for statistical purposes. This data may also be shared with the facility owners.
How do we collect your personal data?
We collect and process your personal data when you:
- enter an agreement to use VestPark
- download and use the VestPark app
- use our parking facilities without registering as a user (we only process personal data relating to your vehicle and payment)
- you enter an agreement with your housing association for parking facilities; and
- your employer has entered an agreement on your behalf or for your benefit.
What is the legal basis to process your personal data?
VestPark processes your personal data in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations, when:
- you give VestPark your consent to the Terms and Conditions on use of ourServices (Data Protection Regulation Article 6(1)(b); and
- VestPark also has a legitimate interest to process your data (DataProtection Regulation Article 6(1)(f), e.g. in relation to preparation of statistical analysis and business development.
How long do we store your personal data?
As long as you are a user of our Services, we process and store your personal data so you can use VestPark. We hereafter store your personal data in accordance with our legal requirements.
Personal data from third parties
VestPark uses the following sources to verify the authenticity of your data:
- The Norwegian register of cars Statens Vegvesen to verify the car registration
- The Norwegian National Population Register (Folkeregisteret) to verify your address
- Your housing association if you have parking offered through them
- Your employer if they have entered a contract on your behalf.
Personal data to third parties
We forward your personal data to the following third parties:
- recipient bank, for transactional information relating to your payment
- the parking facility owners
- other parking operators if they manage the payment of the parking facilities
- your employer if your agreement has been set up through your employer
- your housing association if your parking facilities have been offered through your housing association
- collection agencies if your parking payment remains outstanding
- the parking facility owners for statistics of availability
- we may share your personal information with suppliers and service providers working on our behalf; and
- requests from public authorities and others, in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations, including enquires from the police and other authorities such as the tax authorities.
VestPark has the necessary measures in place to ensure that any third parties who have access to the personal data collected by VestPark is processed in accordance with the presiding laws and has entered agreements to this effect with the partners.
VestPark may use at hird party as data controller to ensure the services work. These partners can include payment providers, hosting agents, and collection agencies. VestPark ensures valid contracts with each data controller to ensure the personal data collected by VestPark is processed within the restrictions set by law and in so far as is required so that VestPark can provide the services. The data controllers that VestPark uses only have access to the data for the specific purpose and processing of the data is only in accordance with the specific purpose and accordance with the mutual data protection and security practice.
All data controllers used by VestPark are located within the EU. Where information is exchanged with data controllers outside of the EU, for example with a provider in USA, VestPark has ensured that the necessary measures are in place, via standard contractual clauses with the recipient.
Privacypolicies of other websites
You have several rights in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. You have:
- the right to access the personal data we process about you. We may charge a small fee for this service
- the right to have data rectified if the information may be inaccurate, incorrect or incomplete
- the right to have data completely or partially deleted, provided we do not have a legitimate purpose in processing the data
- the right to restrict processing of your personal data, under certain conditions
- the right to object to processing of your personal data, under certain conditions, including objection to profiling and direct marketing in this regard. This may affect your ability to use VestPark and our Services
- the right to data portability, so far as our processing of personal data is automated and is based on your consent or the agreement, we have with you
- the right to complain to a competent supervisory authority, including the Data Protection Authority. You can find their contact details at www.datatilsynet.no
In certain situations, your rights are limited. This can, for example be if VestPark is obliged under applicable laws and regulations to process your personal data.
If you wish to exercise your rights, you can contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org .
You can at any time contact customer service if you have any questions regarding VestPark or VestPark app.
If you have questions relating to our processing of your personal data, wish to send a complaint or exercise one of your data subject rights, you are always welcome to contact us:
For further information on the Privacy Regulation, see the EU GDPR website.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
- remember your user preferences and settings
- provide and evaluate the effectiveness of advert campaigns; and
- analyse website traffic and trends and to generally understand the affair and interests of users of our Services and website.
We may also allow other provides to provide statistical and analytical data for us for the purposes of calculating advertisements and the response of those advertisements on our website.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. This may, however, restrict the use of the website and or our Services.
For more information about cookies and how these can be deleted please visit